Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ritu Kumar

Inspired by the Indian wedding I went to this weekend, I began to peruse through a few Indian fashion magazines, most notably Vogue India. Ritu Kumar stood out because of the way she incorporates traditional Indian clothing and designs with Western, Japanese, and Islamic influences. She has boutiques all over India and, funny enough, a boutique in Edison, New Jersey. One of these days I am going to check it out and see what it is like. I'll update when I do.

Estaba inspirada por la boda que asistí este fin de semana, entonces empecé a leer revistas de la moda de la India, particularmente Vogue India. Los diseños de Ritu Kumar salen de lo común porque combina los tradiciones de su país natal con influencias del Oeste, Japoneses, y Islamicas. Kumar tiene tiendas por todo la India, y también en Edison, New Jersey. Pronto iré a la tienda a ver como es. Escribiré cuando voy.




Image via: Vogue India.

No comments:

Post a Comment